Gold has long been appreciated as a reliable investment. Whether you are keen to make money or don’t want your unwanted gold just lying around whilst someone else could be using it, this article is a must-read. You will discover what steps you can start putting into action immediately to start reaping the rewards from your old gold.
If you want to make money from your unwanted gold, you don’t have to be overly concerned about the condition. Even if you think things are scratched up, gold is still gold. Dealers can melt them down and turn them into bullion even. So there are plenty of options and you will always find a happy home for your unwanted jewellery.
Finding a reputable buyer for your gold is another great idea which we will discuss further later in the article. As pointed out by Gold Buyers Melbourne, there are plenty of benefits you can get when you plan on selling gold jewellery for cash. It’s just knowing how to go about it that may be the tricky part. Let’s see how it can be done…
Top tip to remember: It’s important to always bear in mind that the price of gold fluctuates so it’s good to be aware of the going rate when you are ready to sell. If it’s looking too low, its best to hold of momentarily until you can fetch a better rate later.
- Choosing how to see: The great thing about selling your unwanted gold is that you do have a number of options. You can either sell independently, go to a jeweller on the high street or think about going to EBay or other digital trading marketplaces.
- Do not hurry to the nearest cash-for-gold shop you see (especially if it’s a pop-up store) – These shops are out to get quick profits and will not benefit you in the best way possible. No matter how tempting it may seem due to the convenience, it’s worth waiting around as prices are normally worse in these types of shops.
- Get your gold valuated first. Think about going to a reputable dealer or jeweller first to get an accurate valuation for your unwanted gold. They can tell the worth of the items so you know what to expect and are less likely to get ripped off. Remember; don’t go to the cash-for-gold companies for a quick valuation.
- Shop around: remember to find a reputable buyer, it’s good to do some digging and research the local jewellers in your vicinity. If you are in the Melbourne area for example, we have a great recommendation for you. Gold Buyers in Melbourne has been in the industry since 1948 and have built up a credible reputation among buyers and sellers alike.
- Think about the bigger picture: it’s important not to get hung up solely on the gold itself. Yes, this is a big part of the value but you could be missing some worthy gemstones or workmanship that helps increase its value. This is where it’s wise to avoid cash for gold stores as well as they won’t give much consideration to these precocious aspects.
Like we said earlier, remember the current state of the market before looking to sell and follow the above advice for a smooth road to getting a great price for your unwanted jewellery.